Alumna Spotlight: Lillian Lakes

Lillian Lakes, Economics '02

Lillian Lakes

Lillian Lakes graduated from Chatham University in 2002 with a focus on economics and information systems management.  She received her MBA from Emory University in 2011, and is now a doctoral student in the Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management (TIES) program at MIT, after having received admission to several other PhD programs, including Kellogg Business School at Northwestern University, Goizueta Business School at Emory University, Rollins School of Public Heath, also at Emory University, McCombs School of Business at University of Texas – Austin, and Scheller School of Business at Georgia Institute of Technology.

Lillian shares that “Chatham was a great opportunity for me and  opened so many doors. My economics courses were really helpful. All of my professors instilled values in me that have been useful in my career thus far. Dr. Lott and Dr. Connolly have been particularly supportive in my career and especially as I was considering doctoral programs.”

Lillian is generous in sharing her advice with current undergraduate business majors. “Mentors are especially important. They help guide you especially through rough patches.”

Looking towards the future, Lillian has just finished her first semester at MIT.  “The doctoral program involves two years of coursework and five years of research. It is a great time for introspection. I also appreciate the balance that it offers in terms of work and life. Obviously, the academic program is challenging but completely worthwhile.”

You may also like...

Skip to toolbar