Be prepared for the next networking event!
- 1 INTERNSHIPS / FELLOWSHIPS
- 1.0.1 The City of Pittsburgh
- 1.0.2 |NEW|- Highmark Health: Summer IT Internships
- 1.0.3 |NEW|- HM Health Solutions
- 1.0.4 |NEW|- EdwardMarc Brands: Human Resources, Supply Chain Management, and Food Studies Internships
- 1.0.5 |NEW|- Pittsburgh Steelers: Marketing Intern
- 1.0.6 City of Pittsburgh: Client Service Internships
- 1.0.7 Bellefield: Business Development Representative
- 1.0.8 Invado, Inc.: Customer Relationship Management Internship
- 1.0.9 Banker’s Life: Graduate Agent Program
- 1.0.10 Rukmini Foundation
- 2 FULL-TIME POSITIONS
- 2.0.1 |NEW|- Zinn Education
- 2.0.2 |NEW|- HM Health Solutions
- 2.0.3 PNC: Technology Development Program
- 2.0.4 Rycon Construction, Inc. Staff Accounting Position
- 2.0.5 AMB Mortgage Officer
- 2.0.6 Innovation Works: Common Application
- 2.0.7 AEON: Teach English in Japan
- 2.0.8 Lunametrics: Technical Digital Marketing Consultant
- 2.0.9 Cognistx – Junior Data Scientist
- 3 PART-TIME POSITIONS
- 4 CHATHAM’S ON-CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- 5 VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- 6 CAREER EVENTS
- 7 JOB BOARDS
INTERNSHIPS / FELLOWSHIPS
The City of Pittsburgh
Check here for year-round job and internships opportunities with the City of Pittsburgh.
|NEW|- Highmark Health: Summer IT Internships
Gain meaningful, hands-on experience with a paid summer internship where IT and health care meet.
|NEW|- HM Health Solutions
HM Health Solutions has leadership programs and a summer internship program. If interested in learning more, click here.
|NEW|- EdwardMarc Brands: Human Resources, Supply Chain Management, and Food Studies Internships
EdwardMarc Brands is now accepting Undergraduate and Graduate Students for internships in HR, Supply Chain, and Food Studies. For more information on the positions and to learn how to apply, contact Ashlii McGee, email@example.com.
|NEW|- Pittsburgh Steelers: Marketing Intern
City of Pittsburgh: Client Service Internships
The City of Pittsburgh’s Department of Innovation and Performance is offering three paid internships.
The positions are:
- Project Support and Implementation Intern
- Technology Training Intern
- Project Management Office Testing Intern
Bellefield: Business Development Representative
Bellefield is a fast growing legal technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Bellefield develops enterprise mobile solutions that help attorneys enter time anywhere they are from any mobile device or desktop.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) will work as part of the sales team to drive and deliver sales to meet the team’s overall sales goals as well as to achieve their personal sales quota and targets. The BDR will work collaboratively with the sales and marketing departments by opening new opportunities, advancing current deals, and in achieving overall sales goals.
There is potential for this opportunity to be intern-to-hire
For more information and to learn how to apply download the document below:
Invado, Inc.: Customer Relationship Management Internship
Invado, Inc.® has been in business for 11 years helping small to mid-sized food manufacturers with long term and short term Strategic Planning and Customer Management on a National Scale.
Find more information on the position and how to apply below:
Banker’s Life: Graduate Agent Program
The Graduate Agent Product program offers incentives to two year, four year, and master’s students upon contracting with Banker’s Life. The incentives are very lucrative for college students getting started in a career with Bankers Life.
If you are looking for a professional sales career that would like to learn more contact Russell Ball, Sales Manager, Bankers Life Pittsburgh, (412)282-6000, firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundation Rukmini Foundation values a diverse, respectful, and collaborative work environment. We establish and maintain trustful relationships with all staff, contractors, volunteers, funders, partners, and communities. We believe that hard work, a focus on quality, and a passion for the empowerment of underprivileged girls to improve their well-being as well as of their families and communities. We look to all staff and volunteers to contribute not only through work, but through new ideas so that we can continue to improve as an organization and focus on empowering girls through education.
About This Position
● Location : United States (Virtual)
● Hours : Generally 6-8 hours a week — may vary during specific programs and events
● Reports To : Committee Chair (depending on specific function)
● Salary : N/A. This is a volunteer position
● Course Credit : Depends on type of Internship — need to coordinate between Volunteer / School / Rukmini Foundation
On-boarding: Conduct a pre-”employment” survey to agree on expectations and responsibilities. Review onboarding document / Standard Operating Procedures thoroughly
Research/planning: Support Rukmini Foundation’s program planning efforts by conducting research on key topics like Girls Education, Mentoring, Health & Wellness issues for Girls & Women. Collecting data on Nepal. Review and update plans/tracking docs throughout your term to support Committees. Participate in Committee Meetings. Perform the role of a Scribe by taking meticulous Meeting Minutes (with focus on Action Items)
Communications / Social Media: Respond to emails and meeting invites in a timely fashion. Write reports/posts on events and programs happening at the Foundation. Help update the website with recent pictures and regular posts. Support Social Media efforts by either directly posting, or by sharing Social Media posts.
Follow-Up: Provide updates on activities on a regular basis (check-in) Update assignment due dates/status on a routine basis. The frequency may depend on each Committee. Provide an update on a standard format on what you are working on, what progress has been made, and what challenges you are facing. Report on needs, changes in situation, challenges, and problems to your Supervisor
Continuous Improvement: Provide feedback on how those documents can be improved (if you have ideas). Conduct a post-”employment” survey to determine what went well and what could be improved upon.
If you are interested in the position, please email Lauren Tudor from career development
|NEW|- Zinn Education
The Zinn Education Project (ZEP), coordinated by Rethinking Schools and Teaching for Change, promotes and supports teaching of people’s history in middle and high school classrooms across the country. On this 10th anniversary of the Zinn Education Project, we seek to hire a communications coordinator. The communications role is varied, including press, social media, conferences, materials production, website management, and internal communications.
For more information click here.
|NEW|- HM Health Solutions
HM Health Solutions has many entry level associate positions. If interested, click here.
PNC: Technology Development Program
The Technology Career Development Program is a management rotation program for new graduates. It allows associates to gain exposure to three main roles through a blended learning approach that includes experiential, hands-on learning as well as web based and instructor led technical and leadership learning.
“Submit your interest” with PNC today!
Rycon Construction, Inc. Staff Accounting Position
Rycon Construction, Inc., a premier preconstruction, general contracting and construction management firm, has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable position in Pittsburgh, PA. College degree or Associated degree in business, accounting, or related field is preferred. The individual must have a working knowledge of computerized accounting systems and a proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Excellent communication skills are required to work effectively with internal personnel and external vendors and subcontractors. The individual will be responsible for verifying and entering contracts, purchase orders, insurance certificate information, subcontractor’s invoice and vendor’s invoice into computerized system. The individual will also schedule and process payments on a weekly basis to vendors and subcontractors, submit credit applications, organize and match receipts to corresponding invoices, process joint check agreements, investigate and resolve questions from subcontractors and vendors regarding payment status and prepare written reports and analysis as requested. The individual has to have the ability to work independently as well as a team player and must have strong organization and time management skills. Additionally, the individual must be highly motivated with a positive attitude, who is dependable, flexible and detail oriented. To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com
Rycon Construction, Inc., an ENR Top 400 Contractor and ENR Top 100 Green Contractor with offices in Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Cleveland, and Ft. Lauderdale, Rycon specializes in new construction, renovations, and design-build projects. Rycon’s portfolio consists of projects valued up to $100 million each including work in health care, higher education, light industrial, commercial, multi-unit residential, retail, financial, governmental, and LEED facilities.
AMB Mortgage Officer
We are seeking licensed Mortgage Loan Officers for our new office in Pittsburgh. Details of your compensation will be discussed during the interview process.
- Maintain an active knowledge base of all of the organization’s loan products and an understanding of the qualifications required of each applicant.
- Identify and recommend products that meets the customer’s needs and the organization’s lending guidelines.
- Review active loan files each day to determine if any documents are missing or what can be done to help the process along.
- Utilize professional judgement to determine which potential borrowers represent good risk opportunities for the organization.
- Seeking a NMLS licensed loan officer but will consider a strong sales representative that we will pay for licensing.
Please feel free to contact me directly.
Robert K. Marbella
Associated Mortgage Bankers
Innovation Works: Common Application
Innovation Works’ portfolio companies are commercializing some of the most exciting products in IT, advanced materials, robotics, life sciences and other technology sectors. You can search for specific jobs and apply. If you are interested in working with one of IW’s portfolio companies but aren’t ready to apply to a specific position, fill out the common application
To see job opportunities and to get the common application, click here.
AEON: Teach English in Japan
Lunametrics: Technical Digital Marketing Consultant
LunaMetrics seeks a technical marketer with 1-5 years of direct experience to contribute to client projects in the Digital Marketing Strategy department. A day at the office might include redesigning landing pages for a tech company, PPC automation strategy for an online retailer, creating campaign efficiencies with Google Apps Script. This position requires someone who embraces variety and flourishes in it.
- Perform digital marketing analysis that contributes to client ROI
- Influence client marketing initiatives by creating strong, clear reports
- Maintain daily interaction to update clients or coworkers on project progress
- Create professional deliverables for clients that meet the LunaMetrics quality standard
- Train clients in digital marketing best practices and join our national AdWords training squad
- Develop process efficiencies to assist our fast-paced Digital Marketing Strategy department
- Mentor less experienced team members and learn from those with more experience
- Remain current in a quickly evolving industry
- Carefully track and record billable time
Please submit a resume and cover letter that explains (1) your experience with digital marketing, (2) an anecdote for your analytical mindset and (3) an example of a self-taught digital skill.
Cognistx – Junior Data Scientist
Cognistx is looking to hire a Junior Data Scientist/Software Engineer to support our Data Science team in design and implementation of AI systems. CEO Sanjay Chopra is on our advisory board!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Client day-to-day management;
- Requirements gathering to define analytic objectives;
- Data gap analysis;
- Coordination of task execution with our global engineering team;
- Participation in development of data analysis plans;
- Implementation of data analysis plans, including creation of visualizations, tabular reporting, fitting and evaluation of SML models, etc.;
- Writing client-facing reports and contributing to proposal work;
- Work related travel as needed (2-3 times per quarter).
The ideal candidate will have most of the following qualifications:
- 1-2 years of data science/software development experience;
- Solid training in probability and statistics;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Proficiency in R, Python, Tableau or similar.
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in Java, RDBMS;
- Experience with QA/NLP;
- Experience with Assembla.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
606 Liberty Ave, Ste 305
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2710
|NEW|- Center for Women’s Entrepreneurship On-Campus Positions
Are you a graduate student looking for a flexible and rewarding part-time position? We are hiring for two positions: a Center for Women’s Entrepreneurship Graduate Marketing Associate and a Chatham Women’s Business Center Graduate Program Assistant to work at our Entrepreneurship Hub at the Eastside campus. Connect with influential community leaders, learn marketable skills, and strengthen your resume. Apply today by clicking on the job titles above!
CHATHAM’S ON-CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
To apply, all positions listed below can be found on Handshake as well as a full list of openings.
|NEW|- Web Development Assistant
Desired Majors: MIS, Data Analytics
Summer – 30 hours/week Fall and spring – 19 hours/week
Visit Handshake for more information and to apply
United Nations Online Volunteering Program
Online volunteers, organizations, and partners join the global push toward sustainable development. Volunteers contribute directly to the work of development organizations, working from a computer, tablet or mobile phone anywhere in the world.
Volunteering online allows volunteers to develop their skills and take on new roles that their professional life may not necessarily provide. Organizations collaborate with people of different backgrounds from all over the world, and become part of a global online community of peers who all share the goal of advancing human development.
There are many positions and opportunities available in different skill sets as well as varying hours per week, ranging from as little as one, and up to twenty. Every bit helps!
Skill sets or areas of interest include:
- Art & Design
- Writing & Editing
- Outreach & Advocacy
- Project Development & Management
- Technology Development
- Community Organizing
- Teaching & Training
- Leadership & Strategy
- Event Organization
- Volunteer Management
Click on the above links to view and apply to any positions!
|NEW|- Hire Up College Job Fair
Looking for a job or internship? Studying information technology, computer science, business, engineering, or traditional sciences? If so, you are invited to attend this exciting technology recruiting event!
Technology companies from across Pittsburgh will be exhibiting on the University of Pittsburgh campus the afternoon of Tuesday, November 13 from 4pm – 7pm to talk to you about their job opportunities. This event is open to all student and job seekers from across the Pittsburgh region.
Location: University of Pittsburgh, William Pitt Union, Kurtzman Room (Main Floor), 3959 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Time: 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Accounting Career Day
Wednesday, September 19
Rustic Lodge, 2199 Oakland Avenue, Indiana, PA.
In addition to IUP students, this fair is open to Accounting and Finance students from more than 40 area universities, including University of Pittsburgh, W&J, Slippery Rock, CMU, Duquesne, Geneva, Juniata, Mount Aloysius, and Saint Francis.
Information and registration can be found atwww.iup.edu/career/accountingday.
The IUP Career Expo and Graduate School Fair 2018
Wednesday, September 26
Kovalchick Convention and Athletic Complex
This career fair attracts students from all majors, as well as an eclectic mix of employers.
Registration details can be found at www.iup.edu/career/expo.
Wed, Sep 19, 2018, 5:00 PM – Thu, Sep 20, 2018, 11:00 PM EDT
This unique conference experience will take place across multiple historic sites in Pittsburgh, drawing on the city’s strengths in automated systems, advanced manufacturing, robotics, and life sciences, to convene cross-sector dialogue around the impact that these fast-developing technologies will have on society, business, and culture.
HOST LOCATIONS: Kelly Strayhorn Theater, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Carnegie Museum of Art
For tickets & more information, click here.