Sorry, there are no contests at this time. Please check back soon!
NCFTA: Cyber-Scholars Scholarship Program
Since 2002, the NCFTA has been a champion of public-private partnerships and collaboration in the fight against and successful disruption of cyber and cyber-enabled crime. We strongly believe in encouraging, supporting, and helping to grow a capable, diverse, and motivated cyber workforce. Developing our own top tier cyber experts and analysts (as well as our very successful internship program) has directly benefited both public and private partners and beginning in 2018, we are committing to do more to address the cybersecurity workforce crisis. To encourage students to pursue a cyber-related degree and seek careers in private and public service, we are announcing the creation of the NCFTA Cyber-Scholars Program which will provide scholarships to deserving students pursuing a degree in cybersecurity or related field of study.
The first NCFTA Cyber-Scholars Scholarships will be awarded in January, 2019, in the amount of $1000 each.
- Must be pursuing a degree with a focus on cyber/IT security, information assurance, intelligence analysis, or program with a similar focus area
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited institution located in the U.S.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident with no felony convictions
- Must be attending classes on campus or online during the award period with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- May be attending full time or part time; if attending school on a part time basis, must be taking at least 2 courses simultaneously
- Applicants must submit an unofficial transcript (or proof of enrollment if a first year student), resume, proof of citizenship, one reference letter, and a personal statement
How to apply:
Applicants must submit all required material to Cyberemail@example.com no later than midnight on the last day of submission. For the first group of selectees, expected to be awarded in January 2019, all materials are due by midnight, September 15, 2018.
The following material is required to be submitted in PDF format:
- Unofficial transcript(s) from current (or most recent) academic institution
- Resume and proof of citizenship
- One Academic or Professional Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- Length and nature of relationship to the applicant
- How has the applicant demonstrated his/her commitment to completing a degree in a cyber-related field of study?
- Or, how has the applicant demonstrated his/her willingness and ability to work in a team environment?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- The contact information of the individual making the recommendation should further questions arise regarding the applicant
- Personal Statement (not to exceed three pages, double spaced) to include:
- Why you chose to pursue your current academic and professional path?
- What goals have you set for yourself (long term and short)?
- Why do you need the scholarship?
- What role does cyber/IT security play in today’s world and why do you wish to be a part of it?