- 1 CONTESTS/COMPETITIONS
- 2 SCHOLARSHIPS
- 126.96.36.199 The Pittsburgh Chapter of the IIA is pleased to announce its Outstanding Accounting Student Achievement Award. Three awards in the amount of $2,000 each will be given to an undergraduate junior, senior or a Master of Accountancy student with a declared concentration in either Accounting, Accounting Information Systems or business related field and who have expressed an interest in Internal Auditing.
- 188.8.131.52 The IIA Outstanding Accounting Student Achievement Awards are intended to honor three students who have made substantive contributions to the university and/or the community through involvement in professional and/or community service while maintaining excellence in her/his studies and demonstrating leadership. Neither financial need nor other scholarships/grants will be considered in the selection of the recipient.
- 3 Application Deadline: December 18, 2019
After several years of absence, the PMI Pittsburgh chapter is bringing back Project of the Year. This competition will challenge organizations across the region to create and submit their best entries. There are three different categories (Professional/Corporate, Emerging Leader/Student, Community/Non-Profit) and three different nominees representing project management at its best but in different ways.
If your project is one where both the team and the organization can attribute their overall success to an effective integration of the PMI Methodology, then your project is eligible for this prestigious award. This is your opportunity to publicly recognize and honor your team and their accomplishments, your project, and your company.
Submission of the application to PMI Pittsburgh Chapter: October 11, 2019
Finalists notified no later than: October 31, 2019
Awards presentation at the PMI Pittsburgh Chapter meeting: November 14, 2019
The Benefits of Participating:
Entering a project into the PMI Pittsburgh Chapter Project of the Year
Award offers many benefits:
1. A meaningful way to celebrate success and formally thank your team for a job well done.
2. Professional exposure and recognition for the project and participants within your organization.
3. Improved understanding of the principles and benefits of project management in your group.
4. Peer recognition of their project at the November 2019 PMI‐Pittsburgh Chapter meeting.
5. The option of submitting an expanded application for the PMI® International Award for Project Excellence (projects < $100 million) or the PMI® International Project of the Year Award (proj-ects > $100 million).
PMI Pittsburgh Chapter Project of the Year WINNER will receive:
Top 3 Finalists (including winner) in each category:
1. Recognition at the November 2019 PMI Pittsburgh Chapter Dinner meeting / Awards presentation.
2. PMI Pittsburgh Chapter 2019 Project of the Year plaque of recognition (Winner, Runner Up, Honorable Mention)
3. Acknowledged by the Chapter for participating in the Awards program on the Chapter website (www.pittsburghpmi.org), social media, and in the Chapter newsletter.
4. Ten free seats at the November 2019 PMI Pittsburgh Chapter meeting / Awards presentation.
5. In addition, the winner will receive:
a. Two free tickets to the November 2020 PMI Pittsburgh Professional Development Day (PDD).
b. Article published on the winning project in the PMI Pittsburgh Chapter newsletter.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Applications form located HERE Please send the completed application form to Project_of_the_year@pittsburghpmi.org
INSTITUTE OF INTERNAL AUDITORS OUTSTANDING ACCOUNTING STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The IIA Outstanding Accounting Student Achievement Awards are intended to honor three students who have made substantive contributions to the university and/or the community through involvement in professional and/or community service while maintaining excellence in her/his studies and demonstrating leadership. Neither financial need nor other scholarships/grants will be considered in the selection of the recipient.
G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher
Significant professional or community service
One page student essay outlining qualifications for this award and an understanding of Internal Audit and its role in business operations
IIA University & Academic Relations Committee
* If you are a past IIA Outstanding Accounting Student Achievement Award winner, you are not eligible to win this award again; however, please consider participating in other IIA Pittsburgh Chapter events such as the Case Competition and Presentation Competition.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2019
Submit to: Trudie Kozar at Trudie.Kozar@stbank.com
Announcement of Awards: January 24, 2020