Baldwin Scholars at Duke University

Thank you to the alumnae who submitted the Baldwin Scholars Program at Duke University—a model of a scholars program for women in a co-educational university setting.

From the program’s website:

The Alice M. Baldwin Scholars Program inspires and supports undergraduate women to become engaged, confident and connected leaders in the Duke community and beyond.

Women enter the program as first-year students, with 18 students accepted each fall. The first class of scholars was selected in fall 2004, with the program reaching total enrollment of 72 in fall 2007.

The four-year experience includes a retreat, two academic seminars, an opportunity to live together as a group on West Campus, an internship, community service, and numerous informal activities such as lectures and dinners. Baldwin Scholars will develop leadership, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

The program is open to students in the Trinity College of Arts & Sciences and the Pratt School of Engineering. Scholars are encouraged to pursue other interests, including study abroad, athletics and sorority membership. Scholars may declare any major, complete pre-medical or other graduate school requirements, or participate in Focus.

http://baldwinscholars.duke.edu
http://baldwinscholars.duke.edu/faq

1. Kris Barone says:

Inclusion of something similar to the Duke model would go a long way toward swaying me to yes.

Important to me is that inclusion criteria allow for some women with demonstrated need and who are late “bloomers” in other words, with potential but not an abundance of early success. good luck you, have no choice.

2. Excellent, what a weblog it is! This weblog presents valuable facts to us, keep it up.

3. Thanks a great deal pertaining to expressing the following with folks you undoubtedly understand what that you are discussing! Saved as a favorite. Be sure to furthermore seek the advice of my website Equates to). We will have a web page link change design among all of us

4. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

5. Homepage says:

It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

6. more info says:

Appreciated it

1. There are no trackbacks for this post yet.