Most collectors collect tangibles. As a quotation collector, I collect wisdom, life, invisible beauty, souls alive in ink. ~Terri Guillemets

Once in a Lifetime  A Story On Confidence, Compliments, And Street Harassment - Good Women Project  Inner Strength. things-for-my-wall   Pinned Image

I have to admit I love quotations. The above speaks directly to why I value them so much – reading quotes have made me laugh, feel, imagine and exclaimed in wonderment the wisdom of the creators. Most of all, I love quotes as they give me the best life lessons – I am inspired and motivated when I read great quotes. I use quotes to guide me and I know I have learned so much from these authors of life and love. Hence, I have decided to share the list of my favorite quotes in this blog . . . my hope is you will have this similar sentiments upon reading them, “We love quotations; they strengthen us in our own belief; they show that some other spirit, perhaps a master-spirit, has gone thus far with us: to such we cling as the ivy to the oak.” ~S.J.W., “On Female Education,” in The Christian Teacher (National Review), 1835. A word of advice – this is not a blog you should review in one sitting – take your time, relax and review a portion and return

If we take people as we find them, we may make them worse, but if we treat them as though they are what they should be, we help them to become what they are capable of becoming. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Great women are not considered so because of personal achievements, but for the effect their efforts have had on the lives of countless others. From daring feats of bravery to the understated ways of a compassionate heart, great women possess a common strength of character. Through their passion and persistence, they have advanced womanhood and the world. ~ Peggy Anderson

Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. ~Swedish Proverb

keep calm Keep Calm and Imagine keep-calm Keep-Calm-and.Tumblr.com Keep Calm...Keep laughing

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. ~ George Bernard Shaw

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me’. ~ Erma Bombeck

All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best. ~Marilyn Monroe

People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily! ~Zig Ziglar

If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.” ~ Abraham Maslow

From this moment forward…I stop the blame game and excuses. I am responsible for my life and for where I am today. I cannot blame the people and circumstances in my past, and I refuse to hide behind my past mistakes. ~Lance Wubbels

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

nothing is EVER just going to be handed to you...

Only you can make you happy. ~Aaron “Marty” Martinson

I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone. ~Bill Cosby

There are only three things you need to let go of: judging, controlling, and being right. Release these three and you will have the whole mind and twinkly heart of a child.   ~Hugh Prather

Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~ Vincent van Gogh

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.  ~ Edith Wharton

Love your enemy. It will drive him nuts. ~ Eleanor Doan

When you practice self-discipline and willpower in the acceptance of responsibility, you take complete control of your thoughts and feelings, and become a more effective, happy and positive person in everything you do. ~ Brian Tracy

The true measure of your character is what you would do if you were sure no one would ever find out. ~ John C. Maxwell

Work not to just make money but as a way to implement our highest ideals for living consciously, communally, and globally. ~Matthew Gilbert

If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time with a tremendous whack. ~ Winston Churchill

If I were given the opportunity to give a gift to the next generation, it would be the ability for each individual to learn to laugh at himself. ~ Charles Schulz

We are as happy as we make up our minds to be. ~ Abraham Lincoln

Knowing your peace of mind is up to you, not the world, is the most powerful and secure state of mind you can achieve. ~ Lee Jampolsky

Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform cease to exist.  ~ Mary Kay Ash

Good leaders make people feel that they’re at the very heart of things, not at the periphery. Everyone feels that he or she makes a difference to the success of the organization. When that happens, people feel centered and that gives their work meaning. ~ Warren Bennis

It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. ~ Marlene Dietrich

A culture of accountability makes a good organization great and a great organization unstoppable. ~Henry J. Evans

keep calm   (be calm,keep calm)

There is at least one point in the history of any company when you have to change dramatically to rise to the Next Level of performance. Miss that moment – and you start to decline. ~Andrew S. Grove

Success doesn’t come to you — you go to it. ~Marva Collins

For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. ~Nelson Mandela

Learning how to “connect” with people remotely and get results from a distance is your key to virtual leadership success. ~Debra A. Dinnocenzo

The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot. ~Michael Altshuler

The Optimist says: “The Glass is Half Full.” The Pessimist says: “The Glass is Half Empty.” The Bureaucrat says: “What we need are 5 glasses, 1/10th the size.” The Angry Drunk Bureaucrat says: “Where’s my damned Bourbon?

When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion. ~Dale Carnegie

The responsibility for maintaining good performance is the employee’s, not the manager’s. The manager’s job is to point out the discrepancy – the employee’s job is to fix it. ~Paul Sims

yep - choose wisely  be creative  I agree  SEED OF INTEGRITY

When you hire people that are smarter than you are, you prove you are smarter than they are. ~R. H. Grant

There is only one you . . . don’t you dare change just because you’re out numbered ~Charles Swindoll

This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Say little, and love much, give all, judge no man, aspire to all that is pure and good  ~White Eagle

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. And never doubt that a small group of students can make the world a more just and humane place. Indeed, they already have. — Margaret Mead

Live boldly. Laugh loudly. Love truly. — Mary Anne Radmacher

It is good to appreciate that life is now. Whatever it offers, little or much, life is now – this day – this hour. — Charles Macomb Flandrau

My mom always taught me that the true test of your character is how you react when things are going badly. — Mary Anne Radmacher

The game of business is very much like the game of tennis. Those who fail to master the basics of serving well, usually lose. — Unknown

We can’t do really big things every day. If we’re really serious about walking the talk all the time, we have to focus on the small stuff. Let the journey begin. –Eric Harvey & Al Lucia

The best executive is the one who has enough sense to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.  — Theodore Roosevelt

A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit.  — Arnold H. Glasgow

Focus 90% of your time on solutions and only 10% of your time on problems.  — Anthony J. D’Angelo

There is real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.  — Norman Vincent Peale

Never ignore a gut feeling, but also never believe that it’s enough.  — Robert Heller (adaptation)

To become a courageous leader, you must realize that accepting responsibility is not optional – it’s mandatory. — David Cottrell

I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity.  — John D. Rockefeller

Every now and then go away…for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer.  — Leonardo da Vinci

When you sacrifice your integrity, you erode your most precious leadership possession.  — David Cottrell

It’s tempting to sit and wait for life to come to you. But it can’t, it’s too busy. Life is out there. You have to go for it.  — Harry Beckwith

You can have anything you want

in life if you just help enough other people get what they want. ~Zig Ziglar

Whether you realize it or not, you have the power to be successful by helping others succeed.  — David Cottrell

The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.  — Carl Jung

Step out of your comfort zone once more each week and create over 50 additional opportunities for excitement, challenge and possibility each year. This is what life’s about.  – Sam Parker

Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.  — Samuel Johnson

I pay attention to what my elves (and others) feel. Perceptions are realities for those that hold them…and I must deal with those realities in order to lead effectively.    – Santa Claus

You only live once – but if you work it right, once is enough.   — Joe E. Louis

To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded. ~ Bessie Anderson Stanley