Congratulations CHATHAM Graduates

Capcap2 thanksmomanddadcap

It has been an honor, and my pleasure to serve as your Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students. One of the most important aspects of being “world ready” is having the innate ability to serve others.  Throughout your time at Chatham we’ve strived to contribute to your growth as a professional and to continue to be an engaged, environmentally responsible, globally conscious, life-long learner, and a citizen leader for democracy.   Chatham has provided you with the venue to grow, reflect, experiment, fail, and above all else succeed.  It is with many ups and down that you refine who you seek to be in life in addition to recognizing the civic responsibility we all have to one another and to those we have yet to meet in life.   

Promise me that you will rise to the challenge of serving and the art of saying thank you. Do this…not for me…but for yourselves.

Please allow me to start – thank you for enriching my life and Chatham University.  The reason I love my job is because of students like you. I cannot begin to thank you enough for the academic vigor and excellence that you have added as a member of this very fine institution. In your very own way, each and every one of you have made Chatham a better place …you have played a critical role in the life and energy of the place we all call Chatham. Today, I honor you … today I say THANK YOU.  Chatham University is proud to have you as alumnae and look forward to all of the amazing things you will do in your life.  Stay in touch and remember to visit us as often as you can.  Finally, do keep the art of giving alive.

senior toast

dine with the deans wowgrad pic

Zauyah Waite, Ph.D.