From the Desk of Dean Waite

Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students

Congratulations, Class of 2019 Graduates!

| 0 comments

Dear Chatham Graduate,

I send this letter to wish you the sincerest of congratulations as you move forward in the journey of your life! It has been an honor and pleasure to serve as your Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students. One of the most important aspects of being “world ready” is having the innate ability to serve others.  Throughout your time at Chatham, we’ve strived to prepare you to shine in your profession and to be an engaged, environmentally responsible, globally conscious, life-long learner. We have strived to nourish the seed within you that makes you a role-model citizen and advocate for democracy.

Throughout your studies at Chatham, you’ve had the opportunity to stretch your limits to try new activities, both academic and co-curricular. As a result, you were likely able to clarify those things that aren’t of interest, as well as to find your calling, including the lasting calls of friendship and love. Chatham University’s community has worked passionately to provide you with the venue to grow, experiment, fail, reflect, and, above all else, succeed.  It is with many ups and downs that one may discover who they seek to be in life, and it is by such processes that one may recognize the civic responsibility we all have to one another. We can own up to such personal responsibilities and extend our skills and commitment to improve the lives of those around us, and to those we have yet to meet in life.

Through your life journey, do rise to the challenge of serving, of being grateful and being kind.

Thank you for your time at Chatham University. Your presence has enriched my life and the university as a whole.  The reason I love my job is because of you.  I cannot begin to thank you enough for allowing me to be a part of your Chatham family. In your very own way, each and every one of you have challenged me and made Chatham a better place.  You have played a critical role in the life and energy of the place we all call Chatham. As graduates of the Class of 2017, I honor you and I say THANK YOU.  Chatham University is proud to have you as alumni, and we look forward to all of the amazing things you will do in your life.  Enclosed is a gift from Student Affairs that I hope you will proudly display on your vehicle as a reminder for all to Be Kind. The world needs it more than ever these days. Stay in touch and remember to visit us often.  Remember wherever you are – Every Day is a Great Day to be a Cougar!

Zauyah Waite, Ph.D.