The primary mission of the Faculty Technology Fellows program is to empower faculty in their use of technology to enhance teaching, increase student engagement, and advance scholarship. The Faculty Technology Fellows program aims to support faculty with:
- course planning, design, and redesign;
- developing effective teaching methods by utilizing a variety of technologies;
- aligning learning objectives, course activities and assessments;
- evaluating technology and its effectiveness on teaching and learning;
- developing pedagogically sound classroom practices that increase student engagement and interaction through the use of technology;
- improving classroom management techniques for teaching with technology;
- planning, implementing and assessing technology-enhanced projects for teaching and scholarship.
Faculty Technology Fellows will participate for two years.
- Redesign at least one course by incorporating appropriately matched technologies to enhance course learning objectives
- Attend a mandatory week long summer workshop (May) to learn new technologies, develop a plan for course redesign, and assessment plan.
- Meet monthly with Technology Fellows peers to discuss progress. If can’t attend in person meetings, a monthly blog post can substitute.
- Present technology projects to colleagues at the Faculty Lecture Series in March.
- Serve as mentors to other faculty members in their respective departments and to new fellows. The main responsibility is to support and encourage other faculty in their use of technology.
- Attend an optional week-long summer workshop to refine skills and focus on redesigning another course.
- Attend optional monthly meetings with Technology Fellows peers to discuss progress. If can’t attend in person meetings, a monthly blog post can substitute.
- Complete an assessment of the program and provide written or video about course redesign and outcomes.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION
The program seeks to select a diverse group of participants across all disciplines, levels of teaching experiences, and technology expertise.
- All full-time faculty members are eligible to apply. A call for applications occurs each April.
- Number of participants is subject to funding. Cohort goal is between 8-10 participants each year.
INCENTIVES AND SUPPORT
Faculty Technology Fellows will receive the following for their commitment and participation:
- a $500 stipend for attending a week-long summer workshop (year 1 & 2)
- an iPad + an App gift card
- up to $1,500 to attend a technology-related conference (1 trip during the 2 year period)
For additional questions about the program, please contact email@example.com.