Zoom Tips for Students
Having issues with your Internet? Here are several Connectivity Options:
- FCC agreement states that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low-income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Cox Communications free wifi hotspots
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
MFA helps safeguard access to data and applications while maintaining simplicity for users. It provides additional security by requiring a second form of authentication and delivers strong authentication via a range of easy to use authentication methods.
Moodle is our learning management system (lms). It contains all courses. It is where both teachers and students go to turn in assignments, participate in forums and online chats. It also allows faculty and students to easily communicate and to post and view unofficial grades.
Documentation: Moodle for Students
Utilize the Moodle Mobile App for quick access from your device – https://moodle.com/app/
Panopto provides integrated video recording, live streaming, video management, and inside-video search. Panopto can be added to any Moodle course and can be accessed by going to http://chatham.hosted.panopto.com.