File Server Upgrade Info
Our current file server for Academic, Administrative, and shared cross department folders will be upgraded this June. The upgrade aims to improve system function across the board. As a reminder, file and folder names that are too long will delay the transfer of files.
Recently we have run into difficulties restoring files and folders due to long file names.
File names are not just the document name. The full file name also includes the folder in which they are stored. There are two components of a file name: the subdirectory along the path and the final file name. All of these components equal the final file path.
Example: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Folder\Filename.docx. This appears in the top bar of the filing system when you have it open.
The document filename is Filename.docx but the system recognizes the entire filename to be the full path C:\Users\Username\Documents\Folder\Filename.docx. Each letter and space is a part of the whole. All the components of a filename are limited to 255 character. Therefore, the long file names are pushing the character limit and creating problems.
A schedule will be sent when the dates for the move are finalized. Each department will get a date and time for their move with further instructions. If you have any questions please contact the Helpdesk at email@example.com
After the File Server Upgrade
Once the File Server has been upgraded you will need to complete a couple quick steps to remap your drives.
1. In order to access the new file server, you must connect to VPN – VPN Setup Instructions & Mapping Network Drives (Windows) or VPN Setup Instructions & Mapping Drives (MAC) If you need help with that, please contact the Helpdesk.
2. Once you have a VPN connection, download Remote-20.exe from – Drive Mapping Zip File
3. Double click the file to extract the mapping program.
4. You will get the following pop. Click on Yes to continue.
5. The file will extract to your Documents folder. Click Next to continue.
6. The file is called FSRemote-20.bat. This will connect you to the G, H, and S drives anytime you are connected to the VPN. It is suggested that you do not delete it.
If you have any questions please contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org