Guess the major
Click the link above for the Crossword puzzle this week!
Can you match the major to the possible career? All of these majors are offered at Chatham.
Did any of these shock you? I hope you enjoyed these puzzles! How many did you do?
The application is now open for the Fulbright Canada- Mitacs Globalink internship program that will allow exceptional U.S. undergraduate students to do an internship in Canada during the 2021 summer semester.
This program will provide high performing students with the opportunity to be part of a 10 to 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
The application deadline is Sept 30 2020.
Fulbright Canada – Mitacs Globalink program
- U.S. students will come to Canada to undertake advanced research projects.
- Projects will cover a broad cross-section of research topics including most academic disciplines.
- Students will spend 10 to 12 weeks (May – October) in Canada on a research project in their area of interest.
- Students will be placed at a Canadian university and undertake a supervised research project.
- Students will have extensive opportunities for cultural, social, and recreational experiences.
Participants in this program must:
- be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited university located in the United States ;
- be a United States citizen, and hold a valid U.S. passport;
- have at least one semester remaining in their program of study as of Fall 2021 (this program is not suitable for 1st-year NOR last year students);
- ideal candidates will be in their third year in the 20/21 academic year;
- have a competitive grade point average;
- be available to spend between 10 to 12 weeks in Canada between May and August;
- apply by September 30, 2020 at 10 PM EST
Students who participate in this program will have:
- access to the prestigious worldwide Fulbright network (the Globalink program will not impact the eligibility to apply for Fulbright Student programs);
- access to some of Canada’s top research facilities;
- the opportunity to gain valuable international experience;
- a rewarding experience combining academic research, professional skills, and personal growth; and,
- a grant in the amount of CAD$7800
To apply, students must provide:
- a completed application online form;
- unofficial transcripts from their home university or college;
- a two-page Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- two letters of reference (to be submitted by Sept 30)- see submission details here;
- a one-page personal statement- no final project needs to be identified at this time.
The program is highly competitive. Students will be evaluated on a combination of factors including:
- their record of academic achievement,
- their personal statement,
- their current skills and interests
- fit to program
- letters of recommendation
Interested Chatham undergraduate students should reach out to the Office of International Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and/or for application support.
Do you know all of the slang words on this list?
Come back next week for another puzzle!
Can you find all 10 Pittsburgh restaurants? Which one is your favorite or which one do you want to try the most?
Have you been able to explore Pittsburgh yet? Here are a few neighborhoods in this huge city!
Come back next week for more puzzles!
Can you find all the quarantine words?
Come back next week for more puzzles!
Are you bored? You’re in luck because this week’s puzzle is here! This week the theme is “Things people are doing”.
Keep coming back for weekly puzzles!
Test your knowledge on the city of Pittsburgh! Each word this week has something to with the city.
Click the link above for this week’s crossword puzzle! Can you find all 10 words relating to quarantine?
While social distancing there are many fun things you can do! In this week’s word search try to find all 10 words relating to buildings on the Shadyside campus.
Come back next week for a fun crossword puzzle!