MBA Student Spotlight: Etan Pasternak

Etan Pasternak, MBA '14

Etan Pasternak, MBA ’14

Etan Pasternak, a Pittsburgh native and   MBA student in the Healthcare Management concentration, is currently a Practice Manager at UPMC St. Margaret Hospital. In his work, Etan loves the people he works with. He says, “The way in which the doctors and all of those involved in caring for patients who I have the privilege of working with on a daily basis, makes my job truly rewarding and enjoyable.”

Etan chose Chatham for many reasons; “Partly because of the location, it is very close to my home. But, also because of the beautiful campus and the MBA program was precisely what I was looking for in a graduate degree program.  Chatham got rave reviews from current and former students which really made my decision to choose Chatham an easy one.” For Etan, his experience has been most meaningful because of the faculty, staff, and students at Chatham. “[Chatham’s] adjunct professors were able to not only teach the department’s required material, but also share their personal experiences. They provided guidance which directly translated to my work life. I know that this intangible knowledge shared was a highlight of my education and many of my class mates feel the same. My Chatham experience would not have been complete without the support and solidarity of my classmates.  I would like to thank all my classmates and professors for helping me grow both personally and professionally. ”

Etan adds, “My involvement at Chatham has been more rewarding than I could have imagined. The serene environment of the campus coupled with the friendly faces everywhere you turn made my experience one that I will never forget. I often hear and see myself applying what I have learned at Chatham in my day to day work. And I know that the hard work, and countless hours studying were absolutely worth the effort.”

Looking towards the future, Etan hopes to create a positive influence on healthcare in Pittsburgh and to help improve it for the patients he is so passionate about. ” I attribute my success to those who have mentored and guided me along the way- I wouldn’t be where I am today with out them. “

You may also like...