1st Honors Lunch and Learn

On Friday November 2nd, seven members of .the Honors Program attended the first Lunch and Learn. At the event, students received a professional headshot to utilize on Linked In or their professional resume. The students were served lunch, which included a variety of delectable sandwiches, pasta salad, and marbled brownies. During the lunch, students listened to instructions on how to set up their own Linked In account.

My experience: Rebecca Pennington

Attending the Lunch and Learn, I discovered what a great tool, Linked In, is for developing a career path. The application itself is easy to use, however it is extremely beneficial. You can display your own achievements for employers to view, create connections in your work-field, and explore others profiles to learn about their success. I appreciated Career Development taking our professional headshots to insert on Linked In and present in future job applications. I recommend joining Linked In and attending Career Development events to gain an advantage on your career path.

If anyone who attended the event would like to share their experience, I would appreciate it. Please email me @ rebecca.pennington@chatham.edu, and I will share it on the blog. Thank you!