Meet the Student Advisory Board

Katie McClelland – Student Director

I am a senior political science and history double major with a pre-law minor. This will be my fourth year as a member of the softball team, and my second year a secretary of the junior class. On campus, I work at the IT helpdesk. Last year, I was inducted into the Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society. During my junior year, I was an Orientation Leader, and this year I was the head OL.

Katie.mcclelland@chatham.edu  724-977-5513

Rachel Wakeman – Volunteer Coordinator

My name is Rachel Wakeman and I am the Volunteer Coordinator for the Honors Program and one of the two RAs in Rea House running the Honors Living Learning Community. I run cross country and track and am a double-major in Sustainability and International Studies. I am from Lewisburg, Pennsylvania and have two cats, as well as a sister who’s a freshman in high school. I’m very excited to see what we can accomplish together this year!

Rachel Weaver – Coordinator of Alumni Relations

Hello everyone, my name is Rachel Weaver and I am the Alumni Relations Coordinator for Chatham’s Honors Program. I am currently a sophomore Biology major with a focus on Human Biology and a Psychology minor. I am also accepted into the Integrated Degree Program for Physician’s Assistant Studies. In addition to the Honors Program, I am an Undergraduate Student Ambassador at the Admissions Office, Secretary of Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society, the Vice President of our Love Your Melon campus crew, and a member of the Pre-PA Club. In my free time I enjoy attending Pirates, Steelers, and Penguins games as well as utilizing my student discount at various locations around the city, such as the Mattress Factory and Phipps Conservatory. Feel free to reach out to me at any time via email with any questions!

Abigail Kneuss – Social Media Coordinator

I am a First-Year student here at Chatham. I am pursuing a double major in Public Relations and Marketing. Outside of class, I am a reporter for the Communiqué. I also work for our office of Marketing and Communications here. When I’m not writing, studying, or snapping photos, you can catch me riding the busses all over Pittsburgh looking for a good café or thrift store!

Contact- abigail.kneuss@chatham.edu

Rebecca Pennington – Secretary

My name is Becca, and I am the secretary for the Honors Program. I am a cell and molecular biology major with a Spanish minor. I plan on following a pre-medicine route for hematology-oncology. I run cross country and indoor/outdoor track at Chatham, one of the RA’s of the Honors LLC, and a small group/Bible study leader in CCO. I enjoy exploring Pittsburgh, being outdoors, and working out. I hope to focus in involvement for planning for preparation for a career path, engage in discussion about current global issues, and get involved with community service within the city.  Feel free to email me at rebecca.pennington@chatham.edu or text me at 724-584-0050.

Mahima Sangtani- Historian

Hello, my name is Mahima Sangtani and I am a first year at Chatham. Majoring in molecular biology, I plan on attending medical school to become a doctor. Besides academics, I am an active participant in numerous clubs on campus such as TriBeta, MEDLife, Love Your Melon, and Chatham against Cancer. I am also an athlete on the women’s basketball team. So glad to be a part of the honors officer team. Looking forward to it!