Meet our newest team members!

During the first weeks of this semester, Dr. Grossmann connected with the new incoming graduate cohort and recruited the newest members for this team to continue to build on the work with the community partners in Homewood.

Lilly Freedman, MSUS ‘20, With a background in both sociology & environmental studies, she is interested mainly in sustainable community development with a passion for social and environmental justice issues. Lilly said, “You’ll catch me envisioning a biophilic future that encompasses a much more inclusive version of the sustainable development we often see today. Having grown up in Point Breeze, a neighborhood bordering Homewood, I have seen the inspiring way grassroots initiative is empowering and transforming the community. I hope to support that trajectory with my research.”

Sam Soto, MSUS/MBA ‘20, a Pittsburgh native, is interested in studying the use of green infrastructure in order to mitigate storm-water runoff.

Amelia Eggan, MSUS ’20, from just ourside of the city of Pitttsburgh, is interested in social justice issues such as affordable housing and equitable community development, and is excited to learn more about renewable energy and aquaponics.