Every year, the JKM Library creates displays of books and resources related to the country selected as the Global Focus country for that academic year. This year, Chatham has selected Ireland! The Year of Ireland display highlights books written by notable Irish authors or written about Ireland’s history, culture, politics, etc. The intention is to make resources available to the Chatham community so you may further educate yourselves on the country of focus selected by the university.
The display can be found on the first floor of the library in the lobby area next to the New Books display. All the materials on the Year of Ireland display are available to be checked out with your Chatham ID card. Wondering if we have a specific book that you don’t see on display? Ask a librarian! We can check our catalog for any materials you’re looking for.
Some items on display include the following. To browse more, click here!
- Dublin: The Making of a Capital City by David Dickson
- The Gathering by Anne Enright
- The Great Hunger: Ireland 1845-1849 by Cecil Woodham Smith
- Ireland’s Pirate Queen: The True Story of Grace O’Malley by Anne Chambers
- Time and Tide by Edna O’Brien
- Women and Politics in Contemporary Ireland: From the Margins to the Mainstream by Yvonne Galligan
- Stories by Elizabeth Bowen
- The Princeton History of Modern Ireland edited by Richard Bourke & Ian McBride
- At Swim-Two-Birds by Flann O’Brien
- The Course of Irish History edited by T.W. Moody and F.X. Martin
- The Dancers Dancing by Eilís Ní Dhuibhne
- Death and Nightingales: A Novel by Eugene McCabe
- Ireland in Prehistory by Michael Herity and George Eogan