Erin Yanacek Interview

home_page_new_photo_3

Photo Credit: erinyanacek.com

Q: Where did you go to college, and what degree(s) did you earn?

A: I attended Western Michigan University for my undergraduate studies. I received a Bachelor’s in Music and a Bachelor’s in Philosophy. I attended Carnegie Mellon Univeristy for my Master’s in Music, with a concentration in Trumpet Performance.

Q: Is this your first time teaching a course at Chatham?

A: Yes, this is my very first time teaching at Chatham, and I have loved it!

Q: What courses are you teaching at Chatham?

A: I am teaching Fundamentals of Music this semester.

Q: Do you hope to teach at Chatham again?

A: Most definitely! I have loved teaching here. The students are great – exceptionally creative thinkers. The campus is beautiful. This is by far my favorite campus to teach at. I am currently working with Dr. Michael Boyd to create a Pep Band course at Chatham. I am very excited about that and I look forward to this becoming a reality!

Q: Do you teach at any other institutions?

A: I teach at CCAC (Community College of Allegheny County), Mercyhurst University, Bethany College, and I am teaching a course this fall semester at Frostburg State University in Maryland.

Q: Do you participate in any bands, orchestras, choirs, etc?

A: I am the Executive Director of the Chamber Orchestra of Pittsburgh, as well as a member of both River City Brass and the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.

Q: Have you ever taught music lessons? If so, what instrument(s) or were they vocal lessons?

A: At Bethany College, I taught all of the applied music courses, including voice, piano, string instruments, and all of the brass instruments.

Q: Any final comments?

A: Just to restate that I have loved teaching here. The students are great and very creative. And the campus is beautiful!

For more information about Ms. Yanacek, please visit her Twitter, Facebook, or WebPage – erinyanacek.com.

Interview by Hannah Gregor

Music Program Student Assistant

27. December 2015 by rovkah
Categories: Interviews | Tags: , , , | Comments Off on Erin Yanacek Interview

Skip to toolbar