Are you a first year or sophomore student looking for a funded summer study abroad experience in the UK? Consider applying for this Fulbright opportunity. Application deadline is 2/6/2019.
There are several UK Summer Institutes available every year. Each Institute is hosted by a different university, and each focus on a specific historical or cultural context, or a subject or topic. You do not need to be familiar with these to apply and are encouraged to explore your interests.
The best applications are from well-rounded students who can demonstrate:
- Strong academic ability
- Ambassadorial skills
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Genuine desire to learn more about the UK and to share aspects of American culture
- Extracurricular activities
- Community involvement
- Leadership potential
- Plans to further the Fulbright mission and give back to the US upon returning
Applications for 2019 Institutes are open now through 6 February at 5pm EST.
- Read the FAQs and terms and conditions
- Apply online and upload a transcript to the application form as a PDF (official transcripts are preferred)
- Select two (2) references and place their e-mail addresses into the application. They should receive a notification message that will lead them to their own online portal to submit a reference letter.
The application form must be completed, with transcript attached, and submitted before the deadline. Your references should also submit your letters before the deadline or your application will be incomplete. An application will not be considered completed if any of these items are missing or submitted late.
Finalists will be invited to interview in late March. Summer Institute interviews are by video conference call and can only be rescheduled under extreme circumstances.