by Najd Alagl, ELP Student, Summer 2021
Please go to our Facebook page to like or comment on her picture as part of a social media competition!
– If love can fade, then so can pain.
– Once you choose hope, everything is possible.
– The difference between a flower and a weed is a judgment.
– They’re sleep-depriving, sticky little monsters that demand snack endlessly and want you to sing same song to them fifty times a day.
But they also think everything you say is hilarious. And when they lay their head on your shoulder everything seems right.
Kids can run your life but also they give you a reason to live when life tries to ruin you.
– I lied and I said I was busy,
I was busy, but not in a way people understand,
I was busy taking deeper breaths,
I was busy silencing irrational thoughts,
I was busy calming a racing heart,
I was busy telling myself “I am okay”,
sometimes this is my busy,
And I will not apologize for it.