Cathie’s Oatmeal Pancakes
This recipe offers a hearty breakfast food that leaves lots of room for creativity in the toppings. The recipe’s owner, Cathie, made some of these oatmeal pancakes recently when she had over her neighbors for breakfast. Food and community are closely tied to one another, and this customizable dish is great for having company over!
Recipe Roots: Cathie Huber has been finding her passion in the kitchen all her life. She was taught the basics from her mother, but her fascination with making delicious creations developed when she was a teenager. Cathie would clip recipes from magazines and make her family taste-test them (something her father didn’t always love). She is an avid cook but has found baking to be her favorite. Cathie’s nickname is “Pie Lady” for a reason!
1 cup flour
1 cup oats
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 ½ cup milk*
¼ cup vegetable oil
Butter or cooking spray
*Cathie says choosing buttermilk makes the pancakes the most delicious!
Griddle or skillet
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, oats, sugar, and baking powder.
- Combine the eggs, milk, and vegetable oil and stir in with the dry ingredients in the bowl.
- Pour any desired amount onto a griddle or in a skillet greased with butter or cooking spray.
- Flip pancakes using a spatula.
- Once both sides look done, plate and serve! Add toppings if desired.
Thank you, Cathie, for your recipe!