The primary mission of the Faculty Technology Fellows program is to empower faculty in their use of technology to enhance teaching, increase student engagement, and advance scholarship. The Faculty Technology Fellows program aims to empower and enable faculty with:
- developing pedagogically sound classroom practices that increase student engagement and interaction through the use of technology.
- planning, implementing, and assessing technology-enhanced projects for teaching and scholarship.
- aligning learning objectives, course activities, and assessments.
- improving classroom management techniques for teaching with technology.
- evaluating technology and its effectiveness on teaching and learning.
Faculty Technology Fellows participate for two years. The two-year program is designed to be iterative, project-based, collaborative, and individualized. Participants use teaching goals, course learning objectives, and personal development goals to inform their projects. Projects may start large or small but ultimately are refined to make an impact in the classroom.
- Redesign at least one course by incorporating appropriately matched technologies to enhance course learning objectives.
- Attend a mandatory week-long summer workshop to learn new technologies and develop a course redesign and assessment plan.
- Meet monthly meetings to discuss progress.
- Present projects to the university.
- Serve as mentors to new faculty and faculty members within their respective departments.
- Attend a week-long summer workshop to refine skills and focus on redesigning another course.
- Attend monthly meetings with Technology Fellows peers to discuss progress.
- Complete an assessment of the program and provide written documentation about course redesign and outcomes.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION
The program seeks to select a diverse group of participants across all disciplines, levels of teaching experiences, and technology expertise.
- All full-time faculty members are eligible to apply. A call for applications occurs each spring.
- The number of participants is based on funding.
INCENTIVES AND SUPPORT
Faculty Technology Fellows will receive the following for their commitment and participation:
- a $500 stipend for attending a week-long summer workshop (year 1 & 2)
- an iPad + an App gift card
- up to $1,500 to attend a technology-related conference (1 trip over the 2 year period)
For additional questions about the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.