Virtual (Synchronous) Delivery
Instruction is synchronous virtual format using a videoconferencing tool such as Zoom, Teams, etc. Synchronous means students will meet at set times/days to receive instruction via videoconferencing. Assignments and homework may be required via the learning management system, email, or other technology. This mode should NOT be used if any part of your classroom time will be on the ground. Details of the classroom schedule should be outlined in the syllabus.
The delivery method will be listed as virtual on the Chatham schedule.
- Synchronous Online Classes: 10 Tips for Engaging Students
- Best Practices for Synchronous Sessions
- Synchronous Teaching Strategies for the “New Normal”
- Using Breakout Rooms with Less Stress and Better Results
- Best Practices for Synchronous Online Discussions
- 6 Tips for Teaching Online and In Person Simultaneously
Bongo: Brightspace Free Virtual Classroom
Synchronous Meeting Etiquette Resources
- Tips and Practices for Teaching with Synchronous Sessions
- Synchronous Meetings Etiquette Guide
- Etiquette for Class Session
- Zoom Meeting Etiquette and Best Practices
- 5 Easy-to-Follow Etiquette Rules for the Zoom Classroom