Be prepared for the next networking event!
- 1 INTERNSHIPS / FELLOWSHIPS
- 1.0.1 Hurricane Junior Golf Tour Marketing Internship
- 1.0.2 IT LAB: SUMMER SECURITY INTENSIVE (SSI)
- 1.0.3 Business Analysis Intern
- 1.0.4 The U.S. Commercial Service Summer Internship Experience
- 1.0.5 Huckabuy Summer Internship Program
- 1.0.6 Extended Administrative Residency
- 1.0.7 Development Intern
- 1.0.8 Healthcare Discovery Program Summer Internship
- 1.0.9 The City of Pittsburgh
- 1.0.10 The Fund for American Studies | DC Academic Internship Programs
- 1.0.11 PNC: Technology and Innovation Development Program
- 1.0.12 WESCO – Sales Development Training Program
- 2 FULL-TIME POSITIONS
- 3 PART-TIME POSITIONS
- 4 CHATHAM’S ON-CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- 5 BUSINESS RESOURCES
- 6 VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- 7 CAREER EVENTS
- 8 JOB BOARDS
INTERNSHIPS / FELLOWSHIPS
Hurricane Junior Golf Tour Marketing Internship
HJGT takes immense pride in offering college students an unforgettable internship opportunity working alongside our marketing team, where interns can increase their marketing skills by being actively involved in all aspects of marketing, promotion, and administrative work for the HJGT and the HCAT (Collegiate Tour) under the direct supervision and mentorship of 3-4 full time staff members.
When you intern with HJGT, you’re part of a team that takes your future seriously. Get real-time marketing/sales experience with…
- Pre- and Post-Press Releases
- Constant Website Updates
- Sales and Marketing of Tour and Upcoming Tournaments
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Online retail sales, marketing, and customer service
- Hotel relations
- Tour Promotions
- Create weekly tournament videos for YouTube upload
- Sponsorship strategies
- Partnership contributions
- Contract negotiation
Work closely with sales and marketing professionals while enjoying a multitude of benefits…
- College credit for an educational experience that puts you right in the middle of the action
- Travel the country
- Access to 3 golf courses at Orange County NTL. Interns can play Crooked Cat and Panther Lake for $25 and the Tooth for $5
- Daily lunch deals and specials at Orange County National
- Employee discounts on most major golf equipment and apparel (Generally 30-50% off retail)
- Hands on experience and to learn every aspect of tournament operations, retail marketing, and video productions.
- Resume building workshops
- Classroom sessions with HJGT employees to assist with career planning
- Recommendation letters from full time employees
- Networking events
Applications due July 31.
IT LAB: SUMMER SECURITY INTENSIVE (SSI)
Carnegie Mellon University Heinz College
As our world becomes increasingly digitized, the privacy, intellectual property, and fraud risks continue to grow. These cyber threats are highly relevant to all sectors of the economy, which is driving a major talent shortage for the information security industry. Our Summer Security Intensive will begin to prepare its participants for a career in this high-growth field.
IT Lab: Summer Security Intensive (SSI) is a paid seven-week summer fellowship where participants:
- Study with the world’s leading security, analytics, and policy researchers, including the CERT division of the Software Engineering Institute
- Take coursework in security analytics and policy
- Apply the knowledge, skills, and abilities gained through experiential learning to improve the cybersecurity posture for local organizations
SSI is a fellowship program for rising college seniors. This program is designed for U.S. citizens and permanent residents interested in pursuing graduate degrees and careers in the information security sector.
Application due April 1.
Product Engineering Specialist (Intern)
Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for over half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. MSA’s IT/OPS division has been offering client-focused data management, technology and analytic solutions to the Consumer Package Goods industry since the early 1980s. We are seeking a Product Engineering Specialist (Intern) to join the IT/OPS Product Engineering Team. The Product Engineering Team is responsible for our reporting tools, data-centered deliverables, training, testing and documentation, as well as responding to user questions and problems related to the tools and deliverables. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. The primary focus of the Product Engineering Specialist (Intern) will be to assist business teams to understand and document their reporting and analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs needed to support the company’s ongoing growth, automating manual or sub-optimal business processes and analyses, create reports and dashboards, assist with ad-hoc reporting needs and work with team members on longer-term research and analyses. We are looking for an individual who has a passion for technology and data and is looking to apply this to further their experience in real-world business scenarios.
- Develop a basic understanding of the client data model/data structure; perform user-acceptance testing of deliverables against the data model/data structure
- Provide internal clients with pre-determined deliverables including standard reports and basic ad-hoc reports; build credibility with the client by delivering consistently and meeting expectations
- Follow a User Acceptance Test plan to validate application and product upgrades or modifications
- Assist with developing client training materials, validating client training documents, and the delivery of in-house client training; attend application and product training developed for internal team members
- Resolve simple client application and product issues; coordinate with internal business groups to resolve issues when necessary
- Gain an understanding of data analysis, clients’ business processes and pertinent information users need to monitor and advance their objectives
- Required Skills
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing or related discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- Advanced MS office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Effective written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly-developed interpersonal skills
- High degree of flexibility, motivation and drive; able to adjust to changes in approach based on new information
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Proactive and positive attitude with diplomacy; willingness to take responsibility
- Self-starter, flexible, and highly detail-oriented
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, managers, and coworkers in a team environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in deadline-driven environment
- Adherence to, and demonstration of, organization and division core values
- Self-motivated for continued learning and growth
- Exceptional quality of work and attention to detail with a high degree of organizational ability
- Apply Here!
Carnegie Mellon University’s IT Lab: Summer Security Intensive (SSI) is a seven-week paid summer fellowship program ($1,500+) for rising college seniors. This program is designed for U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents interested in pursuing a graduate degree/career in IT, data analytics, or cybersecurity.
CMU’s Heinz College is home to the most well-regarded master’s programs in IT Management and Information Security in the world. A unique aspect of our cyber security curriculum is that it is relevant for not only technologists but also for students from all backgrounds with a sincere interest in IT security and policy.
The 2020 Application Deadline is April 1, 2020.
Our goal is to offer the fellowship to as many as 25 students for the 2020 cohort. SSI provides an opportunity for participants to engage in this unique academic and experiential environment. Participants take classes and interact with some of the world¹s foremost experts in information security.
SSI participants will take three specialized courses over the summer at CMU focusing on security policy and technology implementation, as well as engage in an interactive colloquium addressing issues facing security professionals. The three classes are transferrable back to the student’s home university for credit towards graduation.
Students who complete the SSI and are later admitted to a master’s program at Heinz College will be eligible to receive a scholarship of at least 50% of tuition.
IT Lab: SSI 2020 Details
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2020
- Dates: June 11, 2020 to August 1, 2020
- Financial Support: Heinz College will cover all costs of participation in the IT Lab program. This includes the costs of housing, meals, tuition, books, supplies, social functions, travel expenses to and from Pittsburgh AND a $1,500 stipend.
Applicants should carefully review the IT Lab: SSI- Application Process prior to submitting the application for admission.
Business Analysis Intern
Tenaska Power Services Co. | Las Colinas, Texas
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with Business Analysts to make improvements in logic in market management systems
- Develop an understanding of proprietary information system interfaces and workflows
- Auditing and testing of customer interface upgrades
- Implementing general efficiency upgrades to workflow processes
- Work closely with various groups within the organization
- Other projects as assigned
- Reliable, dependable, and predictable attendance is a requirement
The U.S. Commercial Service Summer Internship Experience
Are you interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment full of challenge? How about sharpening your job skills while building your resume? Or perhaps you would like to complement your academic expertise with international business training? If this sounds interesting, don’t miss out on an opportunity to help U.S. companies engage the international marketplace!
As part of the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. Commercial Service is the premier federal agency that helps companies to achieve exporting success. Our office in downtown Pittsburgh is part of a global network of more than 100 domestic offices and 150 international offices housed within U.S. Embassies and Consulates. We assist U.S. companies with entering new export markets and with increasing export sales and market share by providing market research, introducing foreign buyers to U.S. exporters, and advocating on behalf of American business interests in more than 80 countries worldwide!
Applications open until March 15.
Huckabuy Summer Internship Program
Are you a marketing major passionate about SEO? Do you have ideas about where the field is going and what really moves the needle in terms of performance? If so, we want to work with you. This summer we will host an undergraduate intern in the marketing department at our Park City headquarters. The internship will run for 10-12 weeks, starting in June and running through August. The intern is expected to work 35-40 hours per week. This is a top-notch marketing internship – you are going to be learning from and working with some of the best in the business. We will create a supportive learning environment to set you up for long-term success, and you will have numerous opportunities to take on projects that truly matter to the business.
We will be committed to developing your base knowledge, marketing foundation, and specific channel expertise while you are working with us. Here are just some of the skills you will develop as a Huckabuy intern:
- SEO strategy and tactics
- Email Marketing strategy and tactics
- Retargeting strategy and tactics
- Website Design and Development
- Copywriting and Content Creation
- Social Media strategy and tactics
- Data and Analytics
- Branding and Positioning
Application Closes: March 31st.
Extended Administrative Residency
Allegheny Health Network
Structure: Students operate under the mentorship and guidance of their Preceptor while performing project-based work for a 16 month experience. Students also have the opportunity to engage as a group for social events and professional development workshops.
Requirements: Must currently be enrolled in an accredited Master’s program in Health Administration, Business Administration, or Public Health Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher Relocation and travel expenses will not be covered
Placement: Advance Practice Provider Services 120 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Participate in the development of APP residency programs, leadership development and education based programs for clinical development of Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
Send a cover letter & resume to Charlie Judge, Director of Health Sciences: Charles.Judge@ahn.org
Please include the name of the placement for which you would like to be considered.
Muscular Dystrophy Association
The Development Intern will assist with core job functions of the District office. The development intern will be given a minimum of one project that will be his/her responsibility to assist with the success of the Fundraising and/or Family Support and Clinical Care Teams. He/she will gain experience working directly with MDA Fundraising and MDA families. Duties will include assisting in the execution of major fundraising and/or Family Care and Clinical Support programs such as Muscle Walk, Fill the Boot, Consumer Engagement programs, etc. They will provide assistance to the District office team and perform additional duties as needed. The objective of this internship is to foster the development of the intern by working with all levels of the office to complete programs and learn both professionally and personally about MDA and the non-profit industry.
Special Events- assist in volunteer recruitment and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
Summer Camp Pinup Program- assist in preparation, servicing, and follow through of summer camp pinup program.
Fill the Boot – work with lead and team to facilitate press releases; assist with coordination and implementation of media kickoffs.
Personal project- design and implement special project of choice with the guidance of MDA team as it relates to area of study and MDA business.
Other duties as assigned.
Healthcare Discovery Program Summer Internship
The Healthcare Discovery Summer Internship is an eight-week, paid, learning experience for 30 High School Junior and Senior students. The internship connects students interested in future healthcare careers with hands-on learning in both Clinical and Non-Clinical areas within a hospital setting, as well as provide exposure to medical professionals. The internship structure assigns a group of five High School students to each of AHN’s six local area hospitals. Students rotate through a variety of departments within their respective hospital throughout the summer. Additionally, students spend a total of three Fridays at the STAR Center for medical simulations, professional development workshops, and research project work. Upon the conclusion of the internship, the students at each hospital present their research project to hospital staff and members of the of the leadership team. This program operates throughout the summer months and applications are available in early Spring semester.
Additional information can be obtained through emailing email@example.com.
Program tracks are offered in International Affairs, Business + Government Relations, Journalism + Communications, Public Policy + Economics, and Leadership + the American Presidency. Course credit is offered through George Mason University. Fully furnished housing and roommate matching is provided, full + partial scholarships available. More information available at dcinternships.org or @dcinternships.
PNC: Technology and Innovation Development Program
Technology & Innovation strives to achieve a strategic advantage by engaging people, processes and technology to deliver efficient and effective solutions. Associates will help drive innovation through a diverse and talented Technology team that provides creative, agile and efficient solutions for our businesses and our customers.
What to Expect During Each Rotation
As a Technology Development Program associate, you will rotate through areas within the Technology & Innovation to provide you the greatest exposure to rapid development principles and forward-thinking innovation tactics. Associates will be able to bring their ideas and concepts to life as a part of the 12-month experience.
What a Typical Day Looks Like
Associates can expect to work and learn more about emerging technologies. Associates may be embedded as team members in Agile crews working on prototypes, proof of concepts, and writing code. In addition, associates may be aligned to work on collaborative synthesis and ideation sessions with our Design Thinking team, and working in a fast paced, collaborative, multidisciplinary, start-up type environment on innovation projects, proof-of-technologies (PoT), and emerging technologies including digital products, AI/ML, Blockchain, and Cloud computing.
Upon the successful completion of PNC’s Technology & Innovation Development Program, associates are placed throughout the Technology & Innovation organization that aligns to the associate’s skill development, long-term career interests and open positions.
WESCO – Sales Development Training Program
Since 2009, WESCO has offered an accelerated training program designed to prepare recent college graduates for a sales career with WESCO. The program is built on a foundation of local branch training and enhanced with online coursework, in-person training events, and webinars.
Starting a new job in an unfamiliar industry can be daunting. That’s why WESCO provides additional layers of support for their trainees. Members have access to a training leader with more than a decade of experience with WESCO. Share your accomplishments with the training leader, work through challenges together, or just get quick answers to program questions.
Sales trainees are also paired up with a mentor who is a graduate of the Sales Development Training Program. The mentor provides support by sharing personal experiences and providing program-specific guidance.
Sales development members can be comforted starting their career at WESCO knowing that there is a team of people with a vested interest in their success.
What happens when the program ends?
At the end of a successful year in the program, most program members accept sales positions at the branch they were assigned to. Occasionally, trainees choose positions in different branches. They may also accept positions in operations or other areas of WESCO.
While this is a sales development training program, some graduates of the program find that their interests are outside of sales. When that happens, WESCO does its best to accommodate those interests.
The Sales Development Training Program accepts applications from August through May.
GLOBAL DIRECTOR | STRATEGIC GROWTH INITIATIVES FOR DRAFTLINE
New York, NY
GLOBAL MANAGER | PLANNING & PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
New York, NY
BANK OF AMERICA
ADVISOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM | RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
FINANCIAL CENTER MANAGER
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT AND DIVERSITY & INCLUSION MANAGER
Mylan Positions – Actively Updated
For a list of their available full-time positions, check out their jobs page!
Innovation Works: Common Application
Innovation Works’ portfolio companies are commercializing some of the most exciting products in IT, advanced materials, robotics, life sciences and other technology sectors. You can search for specific jobs and apply. If you are interested in working with one of our portfolio companies, but not ready to apply to a specific position please reach out to our Director of HR & Inclusion, Kelley Benson, firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and contact information.
To see job opportunities, click here!
AEON: Teach English in Japan
Work that puts the planet first – Climate change, plastic pollution, wildlife disappearing forever: the damage being done to our planet is heartbreaking. But solutions are all around us: solar and wind power, electric cars and buses, and on and on. PennEnvironment’s mission is to transform our ideas and imaginations into change that makes our world a greener and healthier place.
To see job and internship opportunities, click here!
CHATHAM’S ON-CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Please visit Handshake to see the full list of openings and to apply!
Pittsburgh Hispanic Development Corporations’s Business Incubator
The PHDC Business Incubator is a multicultural space where Hispanic entrepreneurs can meet with experienced staff who speak fluent Spanish, Portuguese, and English, and who understand the perspective of a Hispanic in the entrepreneurship ecosystem. PHDC guides entrepreneurs to create business plans, cash flow projections, balance sheets, and market analyses, and to identify financing strategies. PHDC specializes in addressing cross-cultural challenges that inhibit the ability of Hispanic Entrepreneurs to maximize potential particularly in areas of funding and marketing.
Visit Pittsburgh Hispanic Development Incubator’s Website for more info!
United Nations Online Volunteering Program
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Online volunteering allows organizations and volunteers to team up to address sustainable development challenges – anywhere in the world, from any device. Online volunteering is fast, easy – and most of all, effective. When skilled, passionate individuals join forces online with great organizations working toward sustainable development goals, everyone wins.
Skill sets or areas of interest include:
Writing and Editing | Translation| Technology Development | Art and Design | Teaching and Training | Research | Project Development and Management | Outreach and Advocacy | Leadership and Strategy | Community Organizing | Administration | Healthcare Services| Volunteer Management | Event Organization
At Ascender, we equip and inspire entrepreneurs to launch their creative solutions, grow their businesses, and scale to broader success. Part of the application to the Ascender incubator program is a requirement to participate in the Ascender Bootcamp, an intensive three-day event where aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners work with coaches and industry experts on practical business skills to launch their idea and/or move their business to the next stage.
Orientation: April 8, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Friday, April 24, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Saturday, April 25, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Sunday, April 26, 11:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Bootcamp Information Sessions:
- 2/27: 5:30 – 7:00 PM – Ascender
- 3/5: 8:30 – 10:00 AM – The Shop
- 3/5: 5:30 – 7:00 PM – The Global Switchboard
- 3/12: 8:30 – 10:00 AM – WorkHard PGH
- 3/17: 12:00 – 1:00 PM – Webinar (soon)
Ascender welcomes and encourages anyone with a business idea or existing solution to apply to the incubator program. You must be available to all Orientation and Bootcamp dates to participate.
Forte Job Center: Job posting database (sign up necessary)
Analytic Talent: Data Science job board
Careers at Pitt: University of Pittsburgh job board
ImaginePittsburgh: Job and internship posting database