This summer, participate in international programs without leaving home! There are many affordable and interesting virtual program options for studying or interning abroad during summer 2021.
University of Nicosia, Cyprus
UNIC offers three virtual options: courses, Global Health Virtual Experience and virtual internships.
Courses June 14 – July 23, 2021 (apply by May 31)
$1,170 per each 3-US Credit Course (you may select 1-2 courses)
Courses available include: International Accounting; Blockchain Technology and Digital Currencies; Comparative Management of Care; Nationalism and Ethnic Politics; other courses include options in Art, Biology, Business, History, Psychology, etc.
2. Global Health Virtual Experience (Course + Internship)
July 5- July 30, 2021 (apply by May 15)
This program includes: a course on Medical Terminology (2 credits) and an Internship in clinical healthcare (3 credits)
5 credits – $2,650
3. Virtual Internships
June 14 – July 23, 2021 (apply by May 31)
$1,170 per each 3-US Credit Course
Internships are available in the following department/research centers:
Universidad Nebrija, Spain
Nebrija offers a variety of language learning courses for levels A1 (beginner) through B2.1 (high intermediate – advanced)
Cost: 647 Euro per 6 ECTS (3 US credit) course
Additional 4-week courses in English (647 Euro per 6 ECTS/ 3 US credit course) with June and July starts:
- International Management (June)
- Intercultural Communication (June & July)
- International Marketing (July)
- International Business (July)
- European Studies: Culture, History and Integration (June)
- Art in Spain (June & July)
- Present-Day Spain (July)
Universidad Veritas, Costa Rica
Veritas has two 5-week summer terms beginning 5/24 and 7/5/21. Courses are $700 per each 3-credit English taught course; $715 per 3-credit Spanish language course, $195 reg fee.
Virtual English taught courses in the following areas:
- Environmental Science
Spanish Language Learning
- Basic to Advanced Language courses
Virtual Study, Summer in South Korea, Sogang University
This is a 6 credit program – all students will take Korean Language (beginner level only) and one of the following courses: K-pop and Culture or Korean Society.
Dates: 6/28-7/16/21, apply by 5/1
Virtual Internship, choose from the following options:
- Argentina, 6-week, 3 credits for $1690 5/17 or 7/5 start
- Barcelona, 6-week, 3 credits for $1690 5/17 start
- Ecuador, 6-week, 3 credits for $1690 5/17 or 7/5 start
- New Zealand, 6-week, 3 credits for $1690 5/17 or 7/5 start
- South Africa, 6-week, 3 credits for $1690 5/17 or 7/5 start
SIT Study Abroad
- Virtual Language Study, apply by 4/1/21
Hindi, 3 credits, 6/1-7/12/21, $960
Arabic, 3 credits, 6/1-7/12/21, $960
- SIT Virtual Internships, choose from the following 5-credit options. 6/14-7/23/21 – apply by 4/1/21
-Women’s Rights & Resilience in Conflict Situations in Cameroon $1,950
-Education & Social Change Organizations in Chile $1,950
-Environment, Conservation & Ecosystems in Ecuador $1,500
-Environment, Development & Sustainability in India $2,000
-Public Health in the Tropics in Kenya $2,000
-Finance or Social Entrepreneurship in Malaysia $2,000
-Sexuality, Gender & Non-Government Organizations in the Netherlands $2,250
-Diplomacy, Conflict Resolution & International Relations in South Africa $2,000
-Development & Gender in Vietnam, $2,400
Online courses, $985 per 3 credit course – you can enroll in 3-9 credits, 6/14/21-8/6/21, apply by 5/1/21. Options include:
- Business and Entrepreneurship, Business Operations Practicum, International Marketing, New Venture Creation, Social Entrepreneurship
- Health and Wellness, Global Health, Health Care Services in India, Mental Health Across Cultures
- Professional Language, Business Spanish, Business French, Business German, Spanish for Health Professions
- International and Cultural Studies, Intercultural Communication, Latin America and Its Cultures
Virtual Internship, 3 credit internships for $1,390. Internships are a minimum of 120 hours plus internship seminar. Internships take place June- early August. Schedules determined in consultation with internship supervisor Apply by 4/14/21. Fields: Digital marketing and social media management, Business, Translation, Social Welfare, Journalism, Grant writing, Research, Health/wellness, Computer Science, Graphic Design, Human Resources.
Virtual Short-Term French Study with Université Grenoble Alpes, 4 US credits (Beginner A1 to Advanced C1 French language), $1850, May 31- June 25, 2021, apply by May 17th.
Virtual Global Internship, 3-6 credit internships, $1,650, Summer 1 – 5/31-7/23; Summer 2 – 6/28-8/20, Customized placements, can be full or part time in the following fields: STEM, NGO, Sports, Art and Design, Accounting and Finance, Business, Advertising, Communication & Journalism, Education
CET Study Abroad
Intensive Language and Culture programs, 6/15-8/6/21. These programs are 8 weeks and 9 credits, combining a group class with one-on-one instruction.
- Virtual Intensive Language and Culture (China), $4,990
- Virtual Intensive Language and Culture (Japan), $5,390
- Virtual Intensive Language and Culture (Jordan) $4,790
CET Global Virtual Internship, 10 week, 3 credit internships for $1,995. There are multiple placement options in Jordan, Colombia, Czech Republic, and China and an optional one-on-one language training add on.
CEA study abroad offers 8-week virtual global internship (3 credits) for $1995.
Program includes career Coaching and individual placement process and Multicultural Workplace Internship Course and minimum of 120 hours in internship placement. Career Fields: Accounting, Advertising, Architecture, Arts, Broadcasting, Business Management, Communication, Computer Science, Data Management, Design, Economics, Education, Environmental Studies, Exercise, Finance, Food Science, Health, Information Technology (IT), International Relations, Journalism, Law, Life Sciences & Resource Management, Marketing, Media Technology, Museum Studies, NGO & Development, Non Profit Administration, Political Science, Psychology , Public Relations, Publishing, Sales, Social Sciences, Social Services, Sports Science, Sustainability, Teaching, Theatre, Urban Planning, Veterinary Medicine, Visual & Digital Arts, Visual Arts & Design
CIEE Virtual Global internship, 8-week virtual global internship (3 credits) for $1,450. Jun 14 – Aug 6, 2021 Apply by 5/1/21
This program contains 200-240 internship hours in total. That breaks down to 25-30 hours/week. Career Fields: Arts, Business Development & Sales, Business finance and accounting, communications, data science and data analytics, design, digital health, engineering, entrepreneurship, IT and computer science, Marketing, Media/film/photography, NGO, social media, sustainability and the environment
- IFSA Remote International Internship, 8-week virtual global internships (3 credits) for $1,450 per session.
- Session 1, Application Deadline: March 15, 2021, Program Dates: May 24 — July 16, 2021
- Session 2, Application Deadline: March 15, 2021, Program Dates: June 21 — August 13, 2021
This program contains at least 120 internship hours
- One-on-one placements –in one of 13 countries and in a wide range of fields
IES Virtual internship, 8-week virtual internship offered May 31 – July 23; apply by March 15, 2021. Cost and credit options: $1695 (0 credit) $1,995 (3 credit) $2295 (6 credits), 10 to 32 work hours per week.
Variety fields and locations available– Archeology, Art, Biology, Business, Communications, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Education, Environmental Science and Sustainability, Health, Film, International Studies, Exercise Science in one of 13 program locations.
Students must submit Chatham’s study abroad application for consideration of any credit-bearing international experience. Students completing an internship must complete an Internship Learning Agreement through the Office of Career Development, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about international opportunities or funding your experience abroad? We are happy to help! Please reach out to the Office of International Affairs, email@example.com.