Self – Isolation? Bored at home? We totally understand about having difficulties in hanging out and just staying at home due to the critical situation that we all are facing, but we understand that too that we all are doing this for our health. Please, try to stay healthy.
In order help you while being stuck at home; we have a lot of resources for you where you can make yourself a little busy and have some fun.
- Museums – virtual tours, fun activities on museums’ websites
This article shares 12 famous museums who are offering virtual tours of their museums. https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours
The Canadian Museum of History shares a really interesting art piece on their website that you can play with. https://www.historymuseum.ca/morningstar/explore/
Online, you can zoom in on the mural and spin it to see the four quadrants in high detail. A click of the plus sign in the corner causes a series of links to pop up over the mural itself, with photos and videos attached that explain the significance of each part of the artwork.
- Virtual Concerts – We know due to the Coronavirus crisis, many of you had to cancel plans of attending live concerts. Here are some recommendations of watching some virtual live streams and recorded concerts.
Updated information and details about virtual concerts dates and times https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9335531/coronavirus-quarantine-music-events-online-streams
John Legend, Coldplay, Keith Urban and a lot of other musicians are still performing. Watch their virtual concerts. https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/03/17/coronavirus-john-legend-coldplay-play-virtual-concerts-instagram/5066024002/
Los Angeles Times shares 7 ways to experience live music! https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2020-03-13/coronavirus-streaming-concerts-online-self-quarantined
More livestreamed concerts. https://www.vulture.com/2020/03/all-musicians-streaming-live-concerts.html
- Wellness Sites – Don’t worry! We have got you covered with wellness activities too. Now you can even livestream exercise classes, warm-ups, yoga and meditation videos too while you are at home.
Check out ideas from 15 wellness youtubers. They’ll give you live tutorials, and recorded videos of exercises and warm-ups. https://theblissfulmind.com/wellness-youtube-channels/
This resource shares wellness and health related videos plus live streams plenty of healthy tips. https://www.zubialive.com/
- Entertainment – there are so many websites offering free movies and shows.
YouTube – check out on YouTube, they have free movies and shows (search for “free with ads”).
There are many YouTubers worth checking out – try Zack King! If you have not heard this name, his brief introduction would be as a video creator and magician. Go and check it out his YouTube page. You’ll love his videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq8DICunczvLuJJq414110A
Podcasts – listen to podcasts to get your mind off things – many good suggestions here https://www.vulture.com/2020/03/best-comedy-podcasts-coronavirus-quarantine-recommendations.html
Take this time to learn some art and crafts! https://craftsbyamanda.com/category/craft-tutorials/adult-crafts/
For live painting shows, see https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Art
- Love cooking or just want to learn to make tasty food? Here are some famous cooking shows. Learn some tips and try new delicious recipes
Laura in the Kitchen – https://www.youtube.com/user/LauraVitalesKitchen
Jamie Oliver – https://www.youtube.com/jamieoliver
Binging with Babish – https://www.youtube.com/user/bgfilms
Check out this link for more recipes; https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/group/gallery/37-recipes-from-masterchefs-best-chefs-ever/sn6ldpbr?page=3
- And, finally, check out this list of more resource recommendations while you stay at home during Covid-19 (Adapted from Got It Vietnam )
- Free Harvard online courses – bit.ly/gotit_2
- IELTS materials and practice from British Council – bit.ly/gotit_3
- Some free online practice materials from Road to IELTS from British Council: http://www.roadtoielts.com/
- Download free books from Bill Gates’s website – bit.ly/gotit_5
- See famous pieces of arts through Google Arts & Cultures – bit.ly/gotit_7
- Livestream from the Metropolitan Opera (New York) – bit.ly/gotit_10
- Try audiobooks on Audible (Amazon) – bit.ly/gotit_11
- Watch movies in the IMDb Top 250 – bit.ly/gotit_13
- Learn to code with Freecodecamp – bit.ly/gotit_14
- 500 free courses from Ivy League universities – bit.ly/gotit_15
Stay tuned for more ideas!
What are you doing to stay healthy and busy yourself? Send us your ideas and contact the Office of International Affairs, email@example.com with any questions!