- Was scouted by the Cincinnati Reds while playing baseball in high-school
- Has a patent (And we can only speculate what it’s for!)
- Is your Head of Technical Services here at JKM Library!
What made you choose your current profession?
- It chose me
When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Astronaut Fireman Quarterback
What’s your favorite part of your job?
- Adding something new and useful to the collection at the highest possible library standard allowed by the time that I have
If you could do one thing to change/improve the JKM Library- with no worries about time or expense, what would you do?
- Expand in all directions to house more books, including space for art exhibits, a movie house, coffee shop and a virtual holodeck for unlimited sensory experiences of literature, art and movies.
What do you like to do on your days off?
- Triathlon training
What’s the last thing you checked out? (Brief reviews are appreciated)
- “Dinosaur Rescue!” / Penny Dale – Although no true protagonists were clearly defined, the juxtapositioning of the pretentious artwork managed to balance out the feigned plot.
What book do you think everyone should read? Why?
- “Tao-tê ching” – just because
What’s your favorite thing about living in Pittsburgh?
The academic atmosphere
What’s one thing you think everyone should do while they live in the city? (This includes restaurant recommendations, of course)
Ride a bike up McArdle Roadway to Mount Washington – it will change your life