Chatham MBA students participated in local festival for innovators

Thrival Innovation and Music Festival gathered large Pittsburgh companies to facilitate the invention of new ideas, fresh concepts, and to introduce driven individuals to our startup landscape. On September 7th, 2013, Chatham University students participated in this unique event in Bakery Square and watched local innovators from a variety of industries showcase their innovative ideas. Chatham students also enjoyed the music concert for free thanks to Chatham University’s Center for Womens Entrepreneurship.

Ray Xie, a Chatham MBA student from Shanghai, found Thrival to be eye-   opening and educational. “THANK YOU SO MUCH for the opportunity to attend the Thrival Innovation presentation and the free ticket for tonight’s show. It was extremely amazing to see 13 energetic startup companies sharing their plans and wonderful ideas for raising money from venture companies. It was very informative to hear seasoned professionals, such as Forbes Fund’s CEO, talk about how to succeed I learned a lot from attending Thrival. What a great experience!”

Teddy Xue, another Chatham MBA student from Shanghai, learned much about business from the Thrival Innovation presentations. I was impressed by some of the “crazy” ideas by startup firms. I was also very happy to have an opportunity to speak with a Carnegie Mellon University professor who explained to me what good products look like and what elements they should demonstrate. If I get another opportunity like this one, I will never miss it. Thank you Thrival!!”

thrival 3thrival 2

One thought on “Chatham MBA students participated in local festival for innovators

1. Thrival Innovation presentation was really helpful. I was impressed that the some startup company is very creative to get some “crazy” ideas. And I learned so much from the presentation. The skills, styles and experience of presentation is useful. The professor of CMU told me what a good products looks like,what elements it should have. If I can get another opportunity like this, I will never miss it. Thanks again for Thrival