OK, so you are interested and you’ve heard about some great programs overseas that you think might work for you. But just how do you make study abroad happen?
- Talk to Chatham Study Abroad Ambassadors. Their photos are on the Study Abroad bulletin board outside the Copy Center (Falk lower level) and they are wearing the “I studied abroad t-shirts” Study Abroad Ambassadors can provide tips for a smooth process and a first hand student account of the steps they took to study abroad.
- Come to the Study Abroad Fair. This year, the fair will be held on Tuesday, September 13 from 11 am – 2pm in Mellon Board Room. At the fair, you can find out more about Maymester programs, exchange programs, scholarships, provider programs and talk to returned study abroad students. Don’t miss it!
- Visit the Study Abroad Library in Coolidge 025. This is a wonderful resource that you can use for inspiration in planning your study abroad experience.
- Mention study abroad to your academic advisor and ask about the best timing for your major. There may be an ideal time for you study abroad. Don’t let it pass you by.
- Schedule a meeting with the study abroad coordinator to discuss options and your next steps. Once you’ve found the program that is right for you, submit your application. You will also need to submit Chatham’s Study Abroad Application to make sure you are approved for the coursework you plan to take overseas.
Soon you’ll be on your way to an international experience that meets your academic needs.
When will you study abroad? For more information about study abroad options, scholarships and the study abroad process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at the Office of International Affairs in Falk Hall, lower level.